Gauge students’ college readiness – Looking to gain an edge in a competitive academic environment? Propel recognizes that writing is an essential skill for all college and career ready students to master. The Launch! Writing EvaluationTM service was created to provide you with an in-depth look into YOUR students’ writing.
Evaluation of students’ writing is available for grade 9-11. Teachers administer original writing prompts for persuasion or analysis to 9th – 11th grade students four times during the school year. Student writing is scanned and uploaded to Propel’s nGaugeTM online platform. Propel’s experienced writing instructors then review the writing and provide feedback within 48 hours. This service includes informative teacher feedback that can help guide instruction.
- The service is especially beneficial for teachers inexperienced in writing instruction or new to holistic scoring.
- Teachers can learn to evaluate student writing more accurately with the help of an experienced writing instructor’s scores and comments.
- The Feedback is received within 48 hours can inform classroom instruction and encourage revision opportunities on a more consistent basis.
- Teachers can give more writing assignments to students without the burden of scoring more student writing.
- Students receive additional time on task to learn and practice composition skills and to receive expert feedback on their products.
- The program affords students a competitive advantage on standardized tests, state assessments, or college applications on which clear, effective composition is key.
- Learning to communicate clearly and correctly in writing will be beneficial not only to college readiness but to preparedness for nearly all future career paths.
- Data from the Launch! Writing Evaluation service is returned within 48 hours.
- Student writing is evaluated by Propel experienced writing instructors.
- Teachers’ instructional plans can be reinforced and/or revised as needed based on feedback and suggested strategies.
For additional information, please fill out the form below: